Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Giving back

(Kobe Friends) you will recall that at the start of this year we sponsored 3 thai schoolchildren living in the poor border towns (through the duration of their high school) Recently I received a letter from the 3 students and I wanted to give you a summary of what they said:

Nattiwa Lalu - senior high school 1
"I want you and my parents to be proud of me"

Siraya Ganpetch - 1st year of Vocational college 16 years old
"In the future I want to become a doctor because I want to cure sick people and I want to help poor people"
(Siraya lives with her two elder brothers as her mother has died and her Dad has remarried)

Wachila Wonggaew -senior high school 1
" I promise that I will study hard and I will be a good person"

What I found very enlightening was that some past students had graduated from university after going through this program and they now sponsor the next generation of students.....

Friends ...what we have done to sponsor them through High School is indeed a great thing !

http://www.jeannievogt.org/OurSchool.htm

No comments: