Friday, June 25, 2010

Team Amelia

Just a few weeks ago I was proud to participate in Team Amelia and walk for cancer and charity.  I'm sad to say that Amelia has passed away this week at the age of 20.  Soon after that event she returned to hospital, I guess she stayed strong to make this happen.  In this BLOG I recently talked about my old friend John Luani -- when I compare this to Amelia,  I actually did know her very well, and we only knew her through her parents - Pam and Craig.

I'm sure you have heard it before but when someone dies at an early age -- it is hard not to ask why?

Taking a clinical view of this Amelia had in her DNA at birth a propensity to get cancer. It sounds cruel but that is the fact and there is nothing that could be done. It was pre-determined at birth.

All of us have the same pre-determined attributes and while we can have through behaviour, attitude and habits influence this outcome.  You have to wonder what time bomb you have in your body and life?  But hey.....why sit there wondering  -- go and enjoy life !!!

No comments: