Friday, September 17, 2010

The Little Engine

The Little Engine is a children's story about a train who is attempting to climb a mountain:

"I think I can, I think I can, I think I can" 

Last weekend I was in Sydney to see if Australia could beat New Zealand in the Rugby,  I specially worn a wallabies cap marked August 28th 1999 -- this was the last time I was "live" at a game where the Wallabies had beaten the AllBlacks.

Sitting with my two sons; we cheered and sang with the 70,000 crowd with the optimism of that little train.  In the end Australia, lost by 1 point and while we didn't win there was the benefit of self-belief and that we are getting closer to the mark.

"I thought I could, I thought I could"

Next year is the Rugby World Cup in New Zealand; a mountain if ever there was one worth scaling and hopefully we then will be chatting:

"I thought I could, I did, I did."

No comments: