Friday, February 25, 2011

I Just Haven't Met You Yet

Michael Bublé - when I first heard him, the first reaction was oh...another Harry Connick Junior type.

To me his image was this cool, jazzy guy who wore suits and crooned.  Earlier last year I had mentally prepared a list of who I would like to see, in terms of shows and concerts.  Specifically I said out aloud, "I'm just not into Michael Bublé  and would give that a miss".

As it transpires we were invited to his concert at Rod Laver stadium in a 'superbox'.  Quickly I realised that Bublé was Cool + Sassy + Funny + Humble.  There seemed to be a person that you could immediately relate with; and surprising most of the men shifted from neutral to being a 'fan' within a few songs.

We danced, sang and drank way too much.....the concert itself was just a 'fun' and 'entertaining' event with Michael doing humorous & insightful introductions to each and every song.  His band was talented and their musical abilities were just outstanding.

One of Bublé wellknown songs just sum up  this rapid transit for me not really wanting to go to see his show and what actually happened:

  "And I Promise You Kid That I'll Give So Much More Than I Get
   I Just Haven't Met You Yet"

So Very True to his word!

No comments: