Friday, May 25, 2012

What's in a speech....

Soon I will get an opportunity to make a speech that probably lasts no more than 6-7 minutes.


What makes this so special is that the speech will be at the occasion of my daughter's wedding.  This is a small task that I have been contemplating for the best part of 6 months.

The question is what to say and what to not say?  This is a simple task but the emotional aspect of the event will make this one of the most difficult things that I will do this year. Perhaps one of the more significant milestones in the life of my baby; now all grown up.

When Elton John sang the 'Circle of Life', there can be no more evidence of seeing your own flesh and blood grow up before your eyes and now you are the Dad walking down the aisle.

I will let you know how this goes - the anticipation has been aching for a number of months.

Wish me luck......well why do I need luck?  Whatever I say will be special......

No comments: