Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's in store for 2014?

What's in store for 2014?

I've read recently an article that referred to 2014 having a "4", therefore it's not going to be a good year. I'm not overly superstitious but I intend for 2014 to be an amazing year - there is so much to look forward to on a career and personal level.

My prayers go to all that aren't doing well and I wish you the best year ever in 2014 !

Interesting that as you listen to music on your playlist or even Spotify that you start to hear songs from the dead.  Michael Jackson, John Lennon, Lou Reed, Luther Van Dross.....the list goes on

But the Rolling Stones -- still appear to be still rolling on and we have tickets to see the 70 year olds next year. (Can't wait to see them)

My kids, our moments when we are together are precious and we do have plans to see them in their element in 2014.  In London, Singapore and Shanghai -- my kids are all expatriates, just like Dad & Mum.  I'm looking forward to sharing a meal and some great experiences with them (Can't wait)

My beloved Wallabies, have gotta be better in 2014 after a mixed 2013. At least we have built depth with so many new players that have debuted for Australia. What they now need is continuity and to built combinations.  The world cup is approaching in 2015 and it will be critical for the Wallabies to make progress in their game during this year. (Can wait....)

My friends, I hope to meet on our travels during 2014 -- St Peterburg, Napa & Sonoma, Hong Kong, Shanghai and in Tokyo.  Can't beat such meetings in exotic places around the world. It's just magic and adds to the great occasion.

My wife, I plan to be a better husband than last year. More considerate and loving, not that I believe I have lacked attention to her but I can always improve.

My career, I have enjoyed so many experiences in different countries and industries.  Just been privileged to work with great teams and leaders.  I'm looking forward to more of the same in 2014.

Myself to work on my fitness and flexibility. Ensure that I give myself 'me' time and allow myself to physically at my prime.  

My mind.  I want to retain this as sharp as I can.  My plan is to ensure that I revitalise my reading of both biographies, fiction and current affairs.  What I have noticed is that during 2013 that my memory and how my brain works has surprised myself. There have been a few moments where I was able to identify person(s) from my past life that I have not seen for 40+ years. But could name the within a few microseconds. In both cases this scared me that I can recall such details. As both persons were not in my thought patterns and I saw both of these person(s) outside of their normal cities. 

My bucket list -- I have a few items that I plan to tick off in 2014.  The Tennis Championship at Wimbledon and eating Beluga Caviar in Red Square.

Bring on 2014.....it is going to be great.








No comments: