Friday, December 24, 2010

All I want for Christmas.......

The glint in the eyes of children as the magic of Xmas approaches...have they been naughty or nice?

Even at my age.....there is an undeniable feeling about goodwill and peace on earth.  In past years we have enjoyed celebrating christmas in overseas destinations; including once being in Bethlehem.

At this year's Xmas party I have to buy a gift in what is called a Kris Kringle -- this is sometimes called secret santa: where you get a present for someone else based on a lucky draw.  There are clear instructions about: how much to spend and what items could be on this person's wish list.

So let's assume we all have been good and as a human race we deserve three wishes. What would be my Christmas wishes? 

I wish :

1.   Everyone is happy and happiness is not measured by oil, US$, Gold or any other currency
2.   No one is hungry -- all people have basic needs (food, medicine, shelter)
3.   That there is never a war waged due to religion


These are 3 very simple lines -- but all of these are profoundly difficult to achieve.  Frankly I'd settle to see any single one of these in my lifetime become a reality.

Merry Xmas all .......what can you do to help make one of these wishes a reality?

No comments: